Climbing the Heights

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh, the Snow!


Oh, the snow which doth flutter here and there and grow
It falls upon the ground, a thing all so much profound
For though it settle a short while
I do wonder if it shall stay

What for a day of snow, for it doth make a splendid show
From whence it comes, yet still it must too go
For this my faint heart doth not know

But for now I look out upon my deck and see thee snow
And the warmth in my heart doth grow
Even though, I know the snow will soon go

Snow, snow, do fall as long as you may, before you must go
For I shall emerse myself in this seasoned bliss
And take thy kiss upon my vary cold and crack'ed lips

And so, as the season doth go, so I must too depart
Before I am too whisked away in its beautiful display
And so, to the so wondrous snow, we bid you goodday!

-Joshua Lee Foist

No comments: