Climbing the Heights

Friday, November 02, 2007

Notes on Drilling


So, it's been a little while since I was last on here! It's been a hectic couple of weeks with work and school, and of course the Marine Corps! As I draw towards the end of this year, I'm often amazed of all the things that have transpired over this season in my life (more on that later).
This past October Drill, was fairly uneventful, nothing truly profound to share I suppose. Although, I must admit I did enjoy some time to pause and reflect a little on things while being away from Dallas! I often find that very refreshing! Even, though I'm only about an hour away or so, that physical and emotional distance helps to give me a bit of a break from this part of my life!
One of the things I enjoyed while most recently up at base, was a nice evening walk out be Lake Worth (a man made lake on base). It was really pretty as the sun was setting, there was a nice mild fall breeze blowing and it was quiet! Ah, what peace is found in the silence of an evening walk!
And later on that weekend, I also was able to help out in an air show that was out at Alliance Airport around the Fort Worth area. The Blue Angels where there (a little nostalgic for me remembering seeing them and helping out with an air show when I was out in Pensacola).
It was kind of fun getting a chance to help sell some squadron T-shirts and patches, etc while there at the air show. And for me personally, it was kind of a big deal, as this was my first opportunity to be in charge of something as the NCOIC (Non-Commisioned Officer In Charge). Though, not a big event, I still was thankful for the opportunity, and hope to see more assignments of greater importance come my way. And as I draw towards another drill weekend, this evening, I will sign off for now!
Striving to enjoying the meaningful in the mundane,

Audaciouslee

No comments: